pre-book a breast start visit
what you’ll get:
- 90 minutes of personalized care with Level 1 Lactation Professional
- At the hospital or in the comfort of your own home
- If breastfeeding is already going well, your Lactation Professional will help with tips and fine-tuning to keep things rolling smoothly.
- If you’re having any trouble, your LP will help work on a good latch and ensure that feeding is comfortable for you and baby alike.
- You’ll have time to ask all the questions you want.
- Breast Start visits are currently available in the greater NYC area (including Westchester County, Nassau County, Jersey City, and Hoboken). If you have any questions about coverage area please contact us via text at 347-688-5070.
*Sometimes during a breast start visit, it becomes clear that you will need further support from a Level 2 Lactation Professional. If so, the LP will make that suggestion.
how it works. it's simple:
Please Note: A Breast Start visit is intended to provide breastfeeding tips and assistance before there are indications of any major problems. When moms get help early they are often able to avoid potential complications down the line. For these reasons we require that all Breast Start visits are scheduled within the first 72 hours of birth. If, at the time of scheduling you are already experiencing complications we may recommend an SOS! or Feeding with Confidence visit. In that case we are happy to apply your Breast Start payment as a credit towards whichever visit you need.