Boober is the premier provider of smart, non-judgmental childbirth education, doula services and on-demand lactation support for savvy New Yorkers. Boober got started as Birth Day Presence--New York City’s #1 Doula Training Center, training over 300 new doulas every year. We refer birth and postpartum doulas to all types of families, from first-time moms to parents welcoming their second or third child to A-list celebrities requiring the utmost discretion. The doulas with whom we are affiliated are mostly trained in Birth Day Presence's doula training workshop; most experienced doulas are certified through DONA International (newer doulas may be working toward their certification). Many also have advanced training/licensure in complementary fields such as prenatal yoga, massage therapy, reiki, nutrition, and counseling.
boober is your go-to doula matching service!
The doulas we affiliate with often have advanced training/licensure in complementary fields such as prenatal yoga, massage therapy, reiki, nutrition, counseling, lactation, and childbirth education. They are well-loved and regarded by their peers and clients! Just ask them!
how it works
Follow the link below and fill out the form explaining your budget range and what you are looking for in a doula.
If there is a doula available in your budget request range and for your due date, we will connect you! You decide if you want to take it further.
Get to know your doula and get a feel for if you think it’s the right fight. You and your future doula will discuss the terms of your agreement with each other.
Retain your doula
You found your doula! Submit your doula’s name here to let us know and to remove you from the platform.
Make it Formal
Once your retainer matching deposit is paid, enter into a formal agreement with your doula, specify the remainder of the payment owed directly to the doula, and determine the scope of her services.
typical postpartum doula services
- Breastfeeding support and instruction
- Infant soothing skills
- Coping skills for new parents
- Making appropriate referrals when necessary
- Running errands
- Meal preparation and light housekeeping
- Help with care of other siblings
- Accompanying mother and infant to doctor appointments
- Mothering the mother
- Day and night shifts available CLC (Certified Lactation Counselor)
- Postpartum Doulas available, as well.
typical birth doula services
- A Personalized Parental Meeting
- Ongoing phone and e-mail support prior to your due date
- First Plan/Preferences Consultation, as needed
- Resource Information
- 24 hour on-call labor support prior to your due date
- Continuous emotional, physical, and informational presence during your labor and birth
- Assistance with initial breastfeeding
- Postpartum visit to admire your baby, answer questions, and provide referrals
postpartum doula pricing estimates
$50-75 per hour
$70-85 per hour
Full time care
You may call/text 833-266-2371 or visit this link for On-Demand same or next-day support. We will refer you to an amazing doula. If you prefer to know who your doula will be in advance, please fill out the form, so you can meet and hire the best postpartum doula for you!