rating on YELP and Google
INTIMATE, LIVE ONLINE GROUP CLASS
This Childbirth preparation class is an interactive, intimate group class from the comfort of home. Our childbirth preparation classes are well rounded and accessible and in this group format you'll have the opportunity to communicate directly with your expert instructor and hear from other expectant parents, as well. All types of families and individuals welcome.
Class is a blend of lecture, video, demonstration and practice and will include, but not be limited to:
- Anatomy and Physiology of Labor and Birth
- Signs, Stages and Emotional Signposts of Labor
- Pain Management Techniques Introduction: breathing, relaxation, position choices, massage, acupressure points, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, vocalization and much more
- Understanding Evidence-Based Care and Lamaze Healthy Birth Practices
- Birth Preference Sheets (aka Birth Plans)
- Pain Medication Options
- Types of Labor Support–doula care, family, etc.
- Understanding Medical Support (Interventions) and Induction
- Cesarean Birth and Prevention
- First Moments after Birth
There is no one right way to labor. We stand by the philosophy that birth is a normal process and hope to inspire confidence in everyone we teach by sharing what possible things to expect, helping you develop the skills to move through your labor and leave you feeling prepared to work through whatever your journey turns out to be. It is our goal to educate you about the full spectrum of options for birth, and then to support you unconditionally.
Taught by experts who have assisted 20,000+ expectant parents through a wide range of birth choices and experiences.