new families were never meant to do this alone.
Boober makes it easy to find postpartum support for your family. Book a doula now or schedule one for later. Personalized service. 15+ years of experience. Largest network of certified doulas.
Postpartum doulas provide support for your newborn and your whole family during the first days or weeks after welcoming a new baby. Whether it’s for a few hours a day, to a few overnights, to longer-term live-in care, a postpartum doula will help you build confidence as a parent and provide support for your whole family.
Typical doula services include:
- Lactation support and instruction
- Infant soothing skills
- Coping skills for new parents
- Making appropriate referrals when necessary
- Running errands
- Meal preparation and light housekeeping
- Help with care of other siblings
- Accompanying mother and infant to doctor appointments
- Nurturing the new parent
- Day and night shifts available
- Certified lactation professional Postpartum Doulas available, as well.
- All postpartum doulas using the boober platform are trained, vetted, certified in Infant CPR, and highly reviewed
- Overnight services available
So what exactly is a postpartum doula? Read our blog post here.
"Postpartum doulas fill a void in the U.S. healthcare system. There's no national healthcare program for new mothers here the way there is in many other countries, despite growing evidence of the postpartum period’s importance in the health of both babies and their mothers."
Through our sister company, Birth Day Presence, we’ve matched thousands of savvy NY families to some of the world’s best doulas since 2002. Our Care Connectors (yep, real live humans) provide personalized concierge service to find the postpartum support that is just right for your whole family - whether this is your first or fourth baby.
Experienced, compassionate, and non-judgmental - for daytime or overnight - our postaprtum doulas meet you where you are. All doulas on the platform are vetted, certified, and often have advanced training in complementary fields such as lactation, postpartum fitness, yoga, massage therapy, nutrition, and counseling. Boober matching services are doctor-recommended and parent-approved.